Thursday, November 5, 2020

E is for election, energy, ennui and will there ever be an end to this?

 #PostcardsfromthePandemic

Every time I look at the news I feel ill. Everyone I talk to feels the same way - no matter who they are rooting for.

 Yesterday I was amused by the fact that in conversations with seven different women, we all had this in common - we were all unable to sleep and up at 4 AM to check the news. Bad decision - and of course, and still, no answers to be had.

I am not the only one who is edgy right now - and the one thing that helps is keeping busy. That energy was apparent in the class I teach on Zoom each week - the work was especially beautiful and the laughter and conversation essential.

The art on this page is from a series using only primary colors from a simple watercolor palette to create shades of grey. The subdued colors reflect my mood. I am trying to stay hopeful and calm - and see the light.


7 comments:

  1. At first I was in edge, but I can't control what is going on. I placed my vote and now it is in the hands of others. I just can't be stressed about it, not good for lupus. Yes, creating and keeping busy until this is over. I do like what you created with the primary colors. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad to know someone is reading this. Stress is not good for any body. Breathe and hope

      Delete
  2. Beautiful art, and I hope all you wish for comes to pass.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to show color mixing from primary colors. This is brilliant. I am in awe and love the subdued effect you got.

    Like you, I voted, but my vote counted little in the red state where I live. It didn't help in the senate, either. However, after staying up for two solid days, I fell asleep this morning and slept four hours that didn't include a single dream I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your art. And I get what you mean. Worry about what could happen is so stressful. And I understand your zooming and teaching. I just retired after 36 years and it ended with months of zoom.

    ReplyDelete