Wednesday, November 23, 2011

W is for Wet

What better way to weather a this watery Wednesday before Thanksgiving than by creating a "flow painting."

This type of painting  is done by literally pouring watered acrylic paint over the canvas and letting it flow. The shapes are made by shifting and turning the canvas to  flow of the paint. There is very little brush work - but a little pushing does help create some good flows. It is messy and fun.

As each layer is dried, another is flowed on top. I chose the most watery and transparent colors I could to create this effect and I poured a final layer over the entire piece to give it a watery glazed finish.

3 comments:

  1. if it's messy and fun - i'm IN! :-)
    Love the colors & the flow, of course. Nice work.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pauline - and happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing and I love anything in that sort of colour palette... they are my favourite colours xx

    ReplyDelete