Wednesday, November 4, 2020

D is for Decision (dark or delight?)

#PostcardsfromthePandemic

We are waiting to find out what happens next. Its difficult, distressing, depressing and I need some diversion. 

I make art in these times to structure my day, for the pleasure of the colors and the moments of being lost in a creative space. And I make art to express how I feel. I try, through my florals and vibrant colors to express joy and create beauty. But not today.

Today I feel storm clouds and slashes of lightning. And darkness. So .... something a little dark - but cheery enough to contain hope and light. 

Good luck and good art to us all.


2 comments:

  1. I am determined to catch up on your posts after missing a day earlier. I can feel the darkness in this, but also feel the hope and the warmth that makes its way through the nighttime darkness. It's a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks it was fun to do - different from my usual bright and sunny palette

    ReplyDelete