Tuesday, November 13, 2012

M is for Many

Carnations
Last week the senior class painted in the style of Georgia O"Keeffe. One single flower to fill the page.

Tomorrow the topic will be many. We will draw  a bunch of flowers, real or imagined, to fill the space, using oil pastel on black paper. The challenge will be to draw big,  draw many, not too many details, and use lots of color.. There will be flower pictures for inspiration.

Each of the artists in my class has a distinct style. I look forward to the variety of bouquets that will appear tomorrow.

Carnations was drawn in oil pastels on black sandpaper.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I adore Georgia O'Keeffe! The colors in your carnations are so vibrant. Quite a lovely assemblage in bursts of color. I love that you drew on sandpaper. I've never heard of doing such a thing!

    Another grand post of yours from AEDM2012!

    ( If you would like to visit my AEDM2012 post for today, visit here!)

    ReplyDelete