Wednesday, November 11, 2020

K is for Kandinsky

 #PostcardsfromthePandemic


"Russian-born Wassily Kandinsky pioneered abstract art in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. His unique perspective on the form and function of art emphasized the synthesis of the visual and the auditory. He heard sounds as color, and this unusual perception was a guiding force in the development of his artistic style."


I love to look at work by Kandinsky - early, late, graphic, painterly, his work dazzles my eyes and intrigues me. In a class a while ago, we painted in his style while listening to music and capturing the sounds on the canvas. Very fun. Today, because I felt like it, I added filters to the original to see what would appear. I like this - the colors and the contrast. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I missed this, but I LOVE how you interpreted Kandinsky. I have a friend who hears sounds as color, which is quite strange to me. I WILL say this is a riot of color and a beauty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one.This is another wonderful abstract piece. he colors remind me of the southwestern US.

    ReplyDelete