Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cc is for Colorful Characters

One of my favorite ways to relax is to doodle images from a single line and see what appears. More often than not, my doodles turn into abstract people, and sometimes, faces. One of the challenge blogs I have been following describes these drawings as "one-liners" - a perfect description.













I use this method of doodling as a way to warm up - and then I like to color whatever appears  - this is my idea of relaxation. I drew and colored this lady with markers - and then decided to spiff her up a little with Photoshop.  My skills with this program have grown over the course of this challenge - I have learned to create many effects with ease. As usual, what I like best about this image is the color ... its always the color for me ... but so many lovely colors appeared I could not choose my favorite - so I am posting two. Which do you like best? Why?

5 comments:

  1. SO bright and vibrant. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...at first I was drawn to the second one because of the vibrant colors, but looking at the first one again, I really love it because you can see so many different colors coming through!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to choose a fave. Love the richness of the second one, but the first seems to have more texture. Sounds like a great warm up exercise. I love PhotoShop too - I lose hours playing in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I love little techniques like this. As far as which I like best, I would say the first one, just because I am drawn to the toned down colors.

    ReplyDelete