Thursday, November 1, 2018

A is for Another Year and an Assignment

I think this is either the eighth or ninth year in a row that I have taken part in this Challenge. I learn something every year, and always make a lot of art. I also enjoy looking at the other work that is produced.

Lately, to be honest, I've not been very creative, I have other things on my mind. So, I am hoping that the act of creating art every day will re-stimulate my art energy and get me back on track.

In an attempt to do this, I am currently taking a Color Pencil class at MAC. I took this class last year, and got a lot out of it. This year frankly, I am feeling bored and uninspired. As much a I love it, color pencil is slow and lacks the boldness I tend to like - nonetheless, I am finding little color pencil assignments for myself to build some skills that I hope will carry over to painting, when I finally get back to doing that.

One of the things I have been playing with is shading. So, this group of rocks seemed like a perfect way to practice creating the illusion of depth and light. And it was extremely relaxing to delicately layer the color pencil from dark to light. And, it reminds me of the beach.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment