Saturday, November 11, 2017

K is for Keeping at It

I should not be surprised, but working in colored pencil is slow and painstaking. This week the focus is on landscapes. I started out by trying to copy a picture of a scene. I immediately failed because the image I chose, though beautiful, did not lend itself to color pencil or the paper I chose. However, there were shapes and colors that inspired me - so I took what I liked and left the rest.

I suppose this means that the drawing I created is an abstract image. Of course abstract landscapes are often what appears when I take a line for a walk - or otherwise draw freely - so this was like coming
in the backdoor to a familiar place with suddenly new rules and challenges.

This is still very much in progress - especially because I am trying to build color by blending layers and without adding lines for texture.  Its an interesting process and I will continue to work on this.

Keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment