Sunday, November 6, 2011

F is for Fun with Flowers Day 6

Talk about mixed media, today's image started as a digital photo of a lotus like flower. I used it for the basis of a drawing in black and white to get a sense of the shapes. I liked the simple drawing so much I photographed it.

My plan was to paint this flower on canvas - I worked on it for several hours but I was not getting the vibrancy I had in mind. I will continue to work on the painting -   but I liked the shapes and composition of this flower so much, I opened the black and white sketch in Photoshop and began to apply color.

A little wild? Maybe. But its a dark and dreary November day and I am in the mood for something fun. I hope you are too.

4 comments:

  1. It's looking great. I too like the composition of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a clever use of photoshop! Thanks Tobi, for sharing this. I'm definitely going to try it out. I love your Lotus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the composition also. I would be lost in a graphics program as far as digitally drawing goes. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the feedback and the connections. Communications from other artists is one of the best parts of this challenge. On to the next ...

    ReplyDelete