Saturday, November 5, 2011

E is for Energy

One of the things I have learned in my recent abstract painting class is the importance of naming your image. The act of giving your painting a name helps to focus the work.

So, before I began this painting, done in MyPaint, I decided my theme and name would be energy.

My teacher is right, having a word in mind begins the process of forming the image. As the seascape (one of my favorite subjects) began to emerge, the color choices and the brush strokes just flowed naturally.

5 comments:

  1. Just love this, and just what I needed to see this morning. I've been overbusy the last few days so I haven't been getting much art finished or posted. So this is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, YES! I can feel the energy coming off this painting. Love the color choices and wow, wait. Is that the waves I hear? The salty air I smell?

    :-)

    Fantastic job!

    To read my AEDM2011 post for today, click HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from AEDM! The sea is one of my favorite subjects, too, and I really like this. Great color and movement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks to me like a blazing fire in front of a smokey city with dark rain clouds above...maybe a photo taken by someone running to escape the fire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corey - you clearly have a creative imagination - visit often and leave your impressions ... they give me a new way to look at things

    ReplyDelete