Monday, November 7, 2011

G is for Grit

I could write about the guts and grit it takes to create and share something new everyday, but that's not what I am thinking about.

Today, the grit on my mind is the gorgeous grit on Wallis Sanded Paper. This summer, in exchange for an art lesson, I received a handful of this heavy sanded paper. I had heard pastel artists rave about it, but I had never seen it or worked with it.  Simply put, grit on paper + pastel = WOW! Every piece I have done on this paper has had a wonderful velvet texture that I just love.

One of my favorite ways to relax is to draw these scribble paintings, they are always fun and I never know what to expect when the color is added. This little abstract is done with pastel pencils on the Wallis Sanded Paper.

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try the sanded paper--- then I can get the pastels out again. Love the vibrancy of the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of sanded paper before. I love texture so, if only I could find some..... !!! Your work is very colourful and fun. Thanks for the information. Nice work!
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purity and strength of the colours... nothing gives the colours quite like pastels ... must get mine out for a play xx

    ReplyDelete