Sunday, October 24, 2010

Art Every Day 2


It was just a year ago that I discovered the pleasure of painting in pastels. Previously, most of my art has taken digital forms, often graphic design, and lots of craft work. Spending this year learning to paint in pastel, exploring this new and totally delicious medium and struggling with a less than stellar job market has made something absolutely clear to me. The work I want to do must include art ... making art, and teaching art.

So, I feel like I am circling back to my creative beginnings. And, I feel that I am moving forward. This week, while cleaning out my office, (making room for all of my glorious collection of art supplies - some decades old) I discovered several rolls of vellum. This image combines inspiration from my botanical drawing class with an experiment using water color pencils on vellum. In progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment