Monday, November 2, 2020

B is for Brush Pens and Botanicals

 #Postcards from the Pandemic

I love art supplies. That should come as no surprise to anyone who has seen my studio - but about a year ago I bought a set of Arteza Watercolor Brush Pens and my work was changed forever. These versatile pens are filled with vibrant colors that blend beautifully. They are easy to work with, travel well, and can because of the flexible nylon tips, are good for everything from calligraphy to painting solid blocks of color. They come with an empty watercolor brush which I have discovered to be handy for lots of things, including watercolor from a pan. 

So - finding a new tool (toy) has stimulated creativity as well as learning. Not only have I loved using these pens on my Pandemic Postcards, the skill I've built in blending color has carried over to other media as well. I've even started using them to enhance acrylic work. And, because I am so in love with these pens, I've incorporated them into the classes I teach - and everyone loves them too.

I rarely promote a product, but Arteza has hit it right with these pens. I am amazed at how long they last, and how well the tips stay strong and straight. The price is reasonable, the variety of uses is inspiring and the pleasure is great. I have used them all spring and summer to paint flowers from my world. It delights me to be able to use these pens to capture in color what I see in my photos and my trips to the garden.  



4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. It reminds me of summer, which is nice on a cold November day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece is gorgeous. I see how well the paint has blended. I will have to look these pens up. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete