Monday, February 6, 2012

Playing Games
I am still fascinated by drawing lines to create shapes. I love the way I can build layer upon layer of color while defining some shapes and creating new ones at the same time. I never know what to expect ... but each drawing in this series has felt like a meditation - just doing it and waiting for the final work to reveal itself.

This one is based on a tic tac toe board (really) - and was actually drawn in blues and greens, marker pens and inktense pencil on watercolor paper.

However, the photo image that allows me to bring it into my computer and this blog simply fails to capture the delicate lines and colors. So, I started to play with it to see it I could make it work. Who knew that a reverse tweak in Photoshop could result in such vibrant colors, making this a really a mixed media work.

3 comments:

  1. Tobi, your *playing* gets you places!! This is really beautiful. I could so see this in a frame, hanging on a wall. And i totally agree - shapes are so much fun. xoxo (love your combination of colours)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the geometry to your art and how one shape is a part of another! How cool how you altered the colors in PS!

    ReplyDelete