Thursday, November 14, 2019

N is for Nature (abstractly)

Trees, and lots and lots have color have featured in my classes this month.

I have another tree related workshop on Saturday - painting with an unknown group - in acrylics.

I have an hour and a half to help participants create a finished piece. This is the piece I prepared as a sample (I have a simplified version as well). The trees are simple to draw and the overlapping shapes are fun to color. A good combination of realistic and abstraction.

I really like the way this turned out - and I look forward to seeing how my students will interpre
t this.

4 comments:

  1. what a wonderful picture, I love the colors are so magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite subjects - trees! I love them and this is wonderfully bright!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete