Sunday, November 8, 2015

H is for Hippie

Let it POP. 9x12 Acrylic on Canvas
When my husband saw this little painting, done in preparation for a lesson on pop art landscapes, he began to sing, "we all live in a yellow submarine." Though his singing is not necessarily a good thing, I got the point.

Then a senior student commented, 'your hippie roots are showing." I didn't mean them to come out, but I admit it - as a child of the sixties, I love this wild and crazy use of color and light. Call me what you will ... this is fun.

And my young students definitely thought so too. The work that came from my classes was filled with light and beauty. The kids  were thrilled to work in acrylics. I was thrilled to see (and hear) the utter focus as every students worked hard to blend colors and create a sense of depth in their paintings.

AVG
TJ


No comments:

Post a Comment