Thursday, November 27, 2014

Aa is for Another Abstract

This piece is also another experiment. I am planning to travel this winter and I have been playing with different mediums to find ones that are easy to carry, I can use in a small space, and are flexible enough to create different effects.

I have often written of my love for Caran D'ache Neocolor II crayons. These have fabulous colors, can be used wet or dry, or wet and dry, and, are small, neat and convenient to carry. I have also inherited a large quantity of unstretched canvas - so for this piece, I decided to see how the crayons worked on a piece I cut off the roll.

To create the image I took a line for walk (see others earlier in the alphabet) and played with the crayons - first coloring the shapes, then "watering" and then, when dry, adding dry lines and pattern on the top. The texture of the canvas adds dimension. And, as usual, these colors never fail to awe me with their vibrancy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, I am grateful for all your kind comments, and for the chance to be part of such a fun and creative community.

No comments:

Post a Comment