Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Break from the Ordinary

Goldfish
Lately I have been struggling with paint and canvas. Nothing I have tried is working to my satisfaction. My growing need for detail and depth is limited by my ability to make it appear on the canvas. Its a good thing I have lots more painting classes in my near future.

Today, as I was searching for a photo in my VAST collection, I came across a favorite, a mass of goldfish in a pond, from a trip to Hawaii. This was a perfect starting point for a digital painting. I wanted to abstract the intense details of fish eyes, mouths and frenzy, and add the cool blue watery beauty that thoughts of Hawaii bring to mind.

Once again, gotta love what I can do with Photoshop. Creating this digital painting was a mini-vacation from the work of painting on canvas. I feel refreshed now, creative and ready to keep learning.





2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you always find your way out of the "blahs" of painting on canvas. Your digital painting is incredible. I so love the textures. You are the transparent texture QUEEN!! :-) The colours in this are all so lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete