Thursday, November 24, 2011

X is for Experimentation

This painting started was in class last week - it began as an abstracted sunset on the ocean seen from within a room. The painting is warm. There was a table and a bowl of fruit in the room.

I love the colors, and I have been thinking about how to further abstract the abstract all week.

This afternoon I decided to sketch out my ideas in Photoshop. I played with the composition, with the colors and with shapes. Then applied different filters for different effects, This is my favorite  among at least seven variations, all of which are interesting perspectives of the simple shapes that make up this image.

Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for the opportunity to experiment with ideas and tools today, to be creative today and every day, and to be able to share what I create with you.

2 comments:

  1. i so love this... colours and composition.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say Pauline, I love this one too - for the same reasons. This is the one that will get framed ... happy thanksgiving and thanks for being part of this experience

    ReplyDelete