Saturday, November 1, 2014

A is for Another Year 2014



Tobi Kibel Piatek
up
Halloween is over. Pumpkins are slumping on neighborhood porches. Brilliant leaves are brightening the grey sky and laying sodden on the ground. Its cold outside and rainy too. And, we are turning back the clocks tonight.

I seem to say this every year, but November in Oregon generally means miserable weather and long dark evenings.  In other words, its the perfect time to start yet another Art Everyday for a Month challenge.
 
 
This is the fifth year I am  taking part in this challenge, and I look forward to the discipline of creating, posting and writing on a daily basis. I also especially look forward to interaction with other artists and the opportunity to see and be inspired by their art.

Looking back I can see that some things have changed in my art, but, as today's image makes clear, some things remain the same. I still LOVE color and abstraction, and limiting my palette. This year I have been playing with lines - letting them "take a walk" and then working with the design that appears. This drawing combines oil pastel with Caran D'ache crayons and black ink on water color paper. 9'x12".


Looking forward - there will surely be more colorful images, more designs and more stories about what is happening in the awesome classes I teach. Stayed tuned.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment