Sunday, November 18, 2012

R is for Rose

Wild Rose
I have been thinking about creating a new series of paintings - or continuing to work on the one I have already begun with the hope of having enough related work to create a show.

I've also been thinking about, and teaching about Georgia O'Keeffe.

When I look at my drawings and paintings, and at my photography, and when I think of what comes easiest to my hands, and what looks best on my canvases,  it is clear that I am once again headed in the direction of flowers.

This renewed urge to start something new, coupled with the Georgia focus has resulted in time spent poring over my floral photos, as well as past paintings. Looking at my digital pix, I began to enlarge the images seeking detail, depth, patterns and ideas. Look what I found in a simple (incredibly fragrant) wild rose that grows in my front yard. By enlarging the image, I found a whole world (a universe?) - so today, R day, is about the redolent red rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment