Saturday, November 10, 2012

J is for Jewel colors

Tobi Kibel Piatek
Golden Apples Hang Like Jewels
Amber, topaz, citrine, tourmaline, even carnelian and a touch a jade and amethyst - these are the colors I see in this digital image of tiny, jewel like golden apples dangling from a tree on an autumn evening.

Several years ago, I knew it was time to stop sitting at a computer to write and create digital art. I knew it would be good for my health to work away from my desk.And good for my mind to learn something new. So I began to paint and draw. In the same way I would lose hours playing with color and texture and effects on my screens, I now work at an easel or a large table - often standing. This decision has enhanced every aspect of my life. But sometimes, on my daily walks with dogs and camera for example, I take a photo that calls out for Photoshop. These tiny yellow apples are a perfect example. As I walked by the tree in the evening light, the last rays of sun lit them like jewels. I could not resist playing with them in Photoshop to see if I could turn them into something abstract and emphasize the golden light.






No comments:

Post a Comment