Monday, April 2, 2012

Keeping the Flowers in Line

Keeping the Flowers in Line
I will be taking a new class later this spring, Working in Series. Anticipating this, and because I am still hooked on using my ever growing marker collection and  drawing with lines, I am thinking about what I would want to do in series. The answer was instant - flowers. I have thousands of flower photos, in every color, every season, every variety, and I love them. They are also easy for me to draw. What I have I rarely done is to step away from trying to paint the real flowers and bring my favorite subject into my abstract work.

With this in mind, I have been drawing and sketching. This is an example of a drawing intended as a basis for a painting. I think the drawing works on its own. I will share the painting in my next post.

This is little - about 8 x 11 on drawing paper. I love it ... what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. hi Tobi! Yes, i love it too! i don't know why, but this reminds of something in my childhood... can't put my finger on it, and no, i won't go into 'connecting with my inner child' but i just know i love it. Makes me feel good just to look at it. Great work! Love all those lines. xoxo

    ReplyDelete