Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pieces of the Whole

Though I miss the dailiness of doing a painting a day, it has been nice to have some time to work on something larger. I've also had the time to explore a new book (which I will write about soon), and continue with my PCC class.

With everything I learn, I realize more and more clearly, that I am drawn to playing with color, discovering how they interact with each other, and how the combinations can create moods and atmosphere.

This image is a piece of a larger painting -  part of a series I began as A for Abstract. Each time I revisit this theme, I discover new ideas, new palettes, new techniques and new questions about how to bring these paintings to life. I have noticed that there are at least several small lovely areas - each of which might be smaller abstract paintings on its own. I tweaked this in Photoshop to darken the scene ... just for the fun of it.

2 comments:

  1. This is really interesting. The colors are so vibrant. As I am continuing on my creative journey, I too am learning just how important colors are to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color choices are excellent and so lively. As I browsed through your previous posts, I found that I was so caught up in your AEDM journey - how did I miss you? There were so many participants, I couldn't visit them all and accomplish any art of my own but I tried to get around to new people all the time - somehow just missed you.

    I love your idea of using the alphabet to direct your art and each piece, whether painted or photoshopped, was so interesting and creative. I just had to take a minute to tell you how much I enjoyed it and look forward to following your explorations! Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete