Thursday, November 18, 2010

Art Every Day: S is for Stormy Seas

Day 19

Now this was a cool project. Visiting the blog of another artist doing the challenge, I found a link to an amazingly fun digital tool called Fluid Painter. Peter Blaskovic, the developer says that it is an "experimental tool for painting liquid." Works for me!

Once I started playing with it, I couldn't stop. I soon understood how to use the tool, and made several pretty pictures. I could not figure out how to save them until I thought to use the snipping tool in the latest Office program (love that tool by the way). Once I could capture my images, I dropped this one into Photoshop and really started to play.

This is the result, easy, digital and FUN!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Cool, sounds like a fun tool to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Don't you just love digital? Perfect for those days when you don't want to get the paints out and just want to let rip. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are having fun with Fluid Painter. It IS addicting isn't it? Did you change any of the colors in Photoshop? I know the only down size is the low resolution you get from a screen capture, but otherwise it is great for small scale works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not change the colors but saturated the image and added some filters. I am showing another, unedited piece, tomorrow. Come check it out. I'd love to see something you've done with it

    ReplyDelete