Friday, November 20, 2015

T is for Triptych Three Times

Mine
7 years old
I stumbled upon (or rather Pinterested) a wonderful idea for a simple lesson that would work with my seniors. Divide a long narrow sheet of watercolor paper into three six inch squares. Triangles in one, squares, then circles. Use lines to create background shapes. Then color with Caran D'ache. The instructions were open-ended and the results were fabulous. Everyone 'got' the idea and worked well. Best of all, everyone loved the results. Aren't they beautiful?!?
Almost 13

eleven








So I decided to try with both of my kid classes today. It was a slam dunk with the young kids and a really great project for my sophisticated and skilled older kids. Oh, and I loved it too. I have done several of these now myself.
Senior Student




1 comment: