Monday, November 25, 2013

Y is for Yellow

Red used to be my favorite color for my paintings. Cadmium red medium to be precise. But that is so yesterday. Today, I am in love with yellow - cadmium yellow is my new favorite. I buy it in the extra large tubes. I especially love the shades that I get when I add white to the mix. Pure sunshine.

Today's painting was done in my Dynamic Abstract class. The assignment involved a set of complicated instructions - including standing outside holding a flower in the sun to create a shadow and sketching that shape - repeating it, adding a prescribed number of lines and circles, and limiting to only one color with black and white. Lots of fun to do. Art projects may be the only time in my life where I enjoy being told what to do :-)

This is "18x"24, acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment