Saturday, November 24, 2012

X is for Xtreme Color Xperiment

Lily
Last year, for Art Everyday Month, I followed a course on Mandala making. Many of the participants raved about Inktense pencils - watersoluble color pencils. I bought a set, and have rarely used them. However, since I am regularly playing with my Caran D'ache watersoluble crayons I thought I would Xperiment today to see the effects of the pencils.

I drew one of my favorite flower photos  on good quality watercolor paper - using the outline pencil in the set. Then I began to color - mixing three reds, and orange and yellow for the blossom, greens and browns for the stem and leaf.  The background is a mixture of blues to emphasize all the colors with a strong contrast. Then I added water. All I can say is WOW! The colors are so vibrant. I will definitely be continuing to experiment with these cool tools.


1 comment: