Sunday, November 21, 2010

Art Every Day: V is for Variations

Day 22

There were a few sun breaks between the rain yesterday, so we (husband, dog, camera and me) headed out for a walk. I photographed a fairy ring (a perfect circle of mushrooms) growing on the bark dust in the park. There were fallen leaves everywhere - yellows, brown and red.

Separate from the masses of fallen oak and maple leaves on the ground, was this ... lone birch or aspen leaf. The simple, single heart shape and golden color stood out from the rain wet tarmac.

I like this image so much, I could not resist playing with it in Photoshop. After tinkering around, I had several variations. I think each one works on its own, but, like a good marriage, I think they are even more effective together.

3 comments:

  1. So very cool! What a great eye you have for seeing things of beauty in the world around you! Those pictures are frameable for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xinme - I think I do have an eye for beauty (inner and outer) - I am constantly simply stopped by something I want to see and remember. Thank you for following and commenting

    ReplyDelete